Many businesses have heard about saving money with light emitting diodes (LEDs), but with new LED lighting technology being introduced daily, most professionals don’t have the time to stay ahead of the curve.
That’s why finding the right distributor partner is key. At Border States, we light the way for customers when it comes to helping them attain energy efficiency and win more jobs.
The benefits of LED lighting
- Maximize energy efficiency: Replacing traditional lighting systems with energy-efficient LED lights can reduce lighting costs by 30-60 percent.
- Switch to LED now, save money forever: Burning 24/7, 365 days a year, end-users can expect to get a minimum 50,000 hours (5.7 years) of expected LED life.
- Enhance mood and productivity: Get light where it’s needed with unmatched precision. For a business or commercial facility, that means increased productivity and safety.
How new LED lighting technology improves businesses
LED technology has been proven to help businesses achieve:
- Lower energy bills
- Less maintenance
- Faster ROI
- Higher productivity
However, lighting isn’t one-size-fits-all. That’s why Border States’ expert Lighting and Energy Solutions Specialists help ensure the products purchased and installed are exactly what customers and end-users need.
More than a distributor
Border States understands lighting technology, and we work with reliable manufacturers to deliver the highest quality products on the market. We understand that upgrading a facility’s lighting is an investment, which is why we care about highlighting the long-term benefits.
When pursuing energy efficiency through LED technology, the right distributor partner should share a customer’s goals. To accomplish these goals, Border States works with industry-leading manufacturers to guide customers through all aspects of closing a lighting sale, from energy audits to rebate assistance.
6 steps toward winning more LED lighting jobs
- Win trust by completing an on-site inspection. Submitting an accurate bid will give you a leg up on the competition, and setting up an on-site inspection is a perfect way to gather data, record the number of luminaires, ask for usage information, look for obstacles and assess design goals.
- Demonstrate value by offering a free energy audit. After counting the number of luminaires and their types to establish energy usage and hours of operation, a bid can be completed by including the potential payback, ROI, carbon footprint reduction, cost savings and a cost-of-waiting estimate.
- Show care by only offering field-tested technology. Innovation has its place, but it’s important to advise customers that field-tested products are the way to go. They don’t want to risk their investment on something that hasn’t been tested. Border States’ Lighting and Energy Solutions Specialists help you make the best decisions based on specific needs.
- Provide quick ROI with energy rebates, tax credits and incentives. Switching to LED lighting allows end-users to take advantage of energy efficiency programs, tax rebates and incentive plans, which help decrease their initial investment. These programs can seem complex and intimidating to some, but Border States makes them easy to understand.
- Build a relationship by presenting a bid in person. Taking the time to deliver a bid in person is essential because it results in an opportunity to have a dialog about the bid and answer any end-user questions.
- Contact Border States at any time for assistance.
For more information on the latest LED technology, contact a Border States Account Manager near you.