When seeking industrial valve maintenance training and certification, it’s important to partner with a distributor with the latest products, technology and know-how.
For example, Border States employs top-of-the-line gas and pipeline valve maintenance specialists who seamlessly deliver technical operator training and qualification in iron and steel valves, as well as polyethylene pipe and fittings.
Bringing valve maintenance training to you
With more than 20 years of valve maintenance experience, Border States specialists provide on-site training on how to approach the following areas:
- Hydraulic gun maintenance
- Plug valves
- Ball valves
- Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements
- Frozen valves
- Valve flushing
- Lubrication procedures
Providing hands-on experience with in-field repair
Border States’ understanding of the natural gas distribution and transmission process enables us to provide the most comprehensive analysis of products, services and equipment available to the industry today. Our dedicated personnel provide on-site repair services in the following areas:
- Below or above grade valves
- Distribution and transmission valves
- Vacuum keyhole excavation
- In-line servicing
- Maintenance recommendations
NOTE: Border States provides factory-authorized repair services for the other products we distribute, and we handle warranty repairs within the manufacturer’s terms. Prior to the repair of tools outside of the warranty period, an estimate is provided for a customer’s approval.
Easily certify in-house
Border States’ state-of-the-art training modules provide quality instruction for all valve types and styles, giving customers the ability to train and certify in-house. Some of our unique training features include:
- Demonstration videos that walk through DOT-required valve maintenance techniques.
- Tips for working with difficult-to-operate and corroded valves.
- Proper use of plug-confining and gland-pulling tools.
- Proper use of all types of lubrication guns and accessories.
- Operator qualification in the techniques of steel stopping and tapping, as well as polyethylene butt fusion, socket fusion and electrofusion.
Our team of experts
- Application engineers
- Utility specialists
- Valve maintenance specialists
- Cutting tool specialists
- Data communication specialists
- Industrial automation specialists
- Lighting design specialists
- Supply chain specialists