A durable, portable gas detector is an efficient way for industrial personnel to maintain safety compliance in multiple elements and work applications.
Easily detect escaping gases with a portable gas detector
Leaking gas can be deadly, which is why it’s crucial specialists use sensor technology that’s both reliable and capable of being roughed up in multiple job site conditions.
MSA Safety’s Altair Multigas Detector series, for example, utilizes XCell® sensor technology that provides real-time incident awareness to team members, supervisors, safety managers and others. The Altair series has been proven to detect the following twice as fast as the industry average:
- LEL (lower explosive limit)
- O2 (oxygen)
- H2S (hydrogen sulfide)
- CO (carbon monoxide)
- SO2 (sulfur dioxide)
- NO2 (nitrogen dioxide)
Stay connected with alerts from the field
- Live gas readings
- InstantAlert™ distress calls
- MotionAlert™ man-down alarms
- Non-compliance warnings
Work smarter with the Altair Connect app
- Update detector settings.
- Email calibration details.
- Create notification groups.
- Get compliance reminders.
Tough to break: A drop test to impress
It’s impressive the Altair 4XR Multigas Detector survived a testing phase of 25 drops from 4 feet up, but check out this drop test from 25 feet:
Additionally, it’s worth noting the Altair 4XR Multigas Detector is dust- and waterproof up to 6 feet for one hour. It also thrives in extreme heat (140 degrees Fahrenheit) and cold (-40 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Fast and efficient maintenance
- Easy compliance
- Four-year instrument and sensor warranty (with optional one-year extension)
- MotionAlert option tells others user has become immobile
- User-activated InstantAlert notifies others of a potentially dangerous situation
Markets that benefit from the Altair 4XR Multigas Detector
- Oil and gas
- Fire service