Lighting up a job site or temporary work area becomes efficient, reliable and safe with quality outdoor string lights.
Woodhead LED String Lights, for example, are an energy-efficient, high-performance option that includes an ultra-durable, anti-theft design that reduces the risk of breakage or water entry. Additionally, long-life LED technology uses significantly less energy than traditional lighting, lowering your costs.
Applications for outdoor string lights
These lights are designed for temporary use, as well as to reduce operational costs, infrastructure requirements and maintenance in commercial and industrial applications. They’re perfect for electrical, industrial and commercial construction applications, such as the following:
- Industrial maintenance, repair and operations (MRO)
- Oil and gas (for non-hazardous locations)
NOTE: Some of the National Electrical Code (NEC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements for string lights are that each bulb is protected in its socket by a guard. Additionally, it’s often a requirement to have a reliable means to hang string lights, and the cable must be two- or three-conductor-jacketed cable. (Open-conductor string lights are not permitted for these types of sites.)
Features and benefits
- In all, 14 W per light engine and 140 W per 100-foot string provide
over 2,100 lumens per light engine.
- Reduced maintenance
- In addition to easy installation, there is no need for lamp replacement, thanks to long-life LED light engines.
- Low-profile design for more headroom
- LED String Lights provide 4-to-5 inches of extra headroom, compared to traditional strings.
- Less required infrastructure
- Can power up to a dozen 100-foot strings from a single outlet
- Smaller wire gauges
- Fewer outlets
- Smaller generators
- Less temporary power equipment
- High productivity with 5000 K color temperature
- 5000 K color temperature provides a more natural color temperature than incandescent lamps.
- High durability
- A polycarbonate lens protects the light source.
- These lights are outdoor-rated and able to withstand the elements.