Course Length (Days)
Registration Contact email
|CCP146||Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 1: ControlLogix System Fundamentals||2||7/9/2019||7/10/2019||Phoenix, AZfirstname.lastname@example.org||(480) 489-3666|
|CCP146||Studio 5000 Logix Designer Level 1: ControlLogix System Fundamentals||2||6/4/2019||6/5/2019||Farmington, NMemail@example.com||(480) 489-3666|
• Understanding Control Systems
• Locating ControlLogix System
• Operating RSLogix 5000 Software
• Creating and Modifying an
RSLogix 5000 Project
• Selecting Industrial Networks for
Use in a Logix5000 System
• Downloading and Going Online to
a Logix5000 Controller
• Optional: TechnoTrivia Part One
• Creating Tags and Monitoring Data
in an RSLogix 5000 Project
• Determining Local I/O Tags in a
• Configuring Local 1756-I/O
• Drafting Basic Ladder Logic for an
RSLogix 5000 Routine
• Selecting Basic Ladder Logic
Instructions for an RSLogix 5000
• Entering Ladder Logic
Components in an RSLogix 5000
• Optional: TechnoTrivia Part Two
• Integrated Practice — Creating and
Verifying an RSLogix 5000 ProjectCOURSE NUMBER: CCP146
This course will assist you in developing and building a solid foundation with a
fundamental knowledge of ControlLogix®
and other Logix5000™ systems (i.e.,
CompactLogix™, FlexLogix™, DriveLogix™, and SoftLogix™).
You will be introduced to basic Logix5000 concepts and terminology, and you
will be exposed to Logix5000 system hardware, including hands-on experience
with the ControlLogix platform.
You will also have an opportunity to use RSLogix™ 5000 software to perform
basic system configuration tasks.
Who Should Attend
Individuals who have little or no working experience with Logix5000 systems or
other programmable controllers should attend this course.
Knowledge obtained in this course is required to successfully complete other
courses in the Logix5000 curriculum, such as:
• RSLogix 5000 Level 2: Basic Ladder Logic Interpretation
(Course No. CCCL21)
• RSLogix 5000 Level 3: Maintenance and Troubleshooting
(Course No. CCP153)
• RSLogix 5000 Level 2: Basic Ladder Logic Programming
(Course No. CCP151)
• RSLogix5000 Level 3: Project Development (Course No. CCP143)
5000 Level 1: ControlLogix®
GMST10-PP185A-EN-E Copyright ©2010 Rockwell Automation, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in USA.
To complete this course successfully, you must be able to
perform basic Microsoft Windows
tasks, such as:
• Use a mouse
• Browse for files
• Open, close, size and move windows
All technology is provided for student use in the
classroom by Rockwell Automation. It is not necessary
for students to bring any technology with them when
attending this course.
To enhance and facilitate your learning experience, the
following materials are provided to each student as part of
the course package:
• Student Manual, which contains the key concepts,
definitions, and examples presented in the course and
includes the hands-on exercises.
• Logix5000 Systems Glossary, which contains terms and
definitions specific to Logix5000 systems. This easy-touse
reference tool will help you understand Logix5000
concepts and terminology.
• RSLogix 5000 and Logix5000 Fundamentals
Procedures Guide, which provides all of the steps
required to complete basic RSLogix 5000 software
tasks common to all Logix5000 hardware platforms. By
following the procedures in this job aid, you can
immediately apply what is learned in the course to your
Hands-on practice is necessary for retaining new
information and learning skills and to give you a working
knowledge of Logix5000 systems. Once you learn the
basic components of the system, you will create a
working program with RSLogix 5000 software.
Specifically, you will download and upload projects, go
online, navigate through RSLogix 5000 software, and
create basic ladder logic routines.
Next Learning Level
Once you have mastered the fundamental skills covered in
this course, you will have the knowledge and skills
necessary to attend the next level of Logix5000 training.
In particular, this course will benefit those students
enrolling in the following courses:
• RSLogix 5000 Level 2: Basic Ladder Logic
Programming (Course No. CCP151)
• RSLogix5000 Level 3: Project Development
(Course No. CCP143)
• RSLogix 5000 Level 2: Basic Ladder Logic
Interpretation (Course No. CCCL21)
• RSLogix 5000 Level 3: Maintenance and
Troubleshooting (Course No. CCP153)
This is a two-day course.
The course number is CCP146.
CEUs Awarded: 1.4
To register for this or any other Rockwell Automation
training course, contact your local authorized AllenBradley
Distributor or your local Sales/Support office for
a complete listing of courses, descriptions, prices, and
You can also access course information via the Web at