Prysmian’s Low Voltage AIRGUARD™ Power Cable is designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions, but unlike other products built to do the same, AIRGUARD™ is also more flexible, easier to terminate, and doesn’t contain sharp metal edges, resulting in time savings and reduced injuries for your organization.
Low Voltage AIRGUARD™ is designed to reduce installation costs in the field while improving the overall cable performance as compared to Type MC and MC-HL alternatives, which can often be costly, time consuming and difficult to install.
Low Voltage AIRGUARD™ is rated for installations in cable tray for exposed runs (Type TC-ER), conduit and direct burial. It exceeds the stringent crush and impact resistance of UL 2225 for MC-HL cables, and is permitted for use in Class I Division 1 and Zone 1 hazardous locations (TC-ER-HL) in accordance with National Electrical Code (2014) Sections 501.10(A)(2)(3) and 505.15(B)(i).
Enhanced performance with no cutting tools required and no kinks
- “No knife? No saw? No problem!” installation makes terminating and splicing safer for electricians, and it greatly reduces the chances of damage to the conductors.
- Low Voltage AIRGUARD™ provides users the ease of installation of a tray cable.
- Superior crush and impact resistance as compared to MC-HL cables when tested in accordance with UL-2225.
- Smaller minimum bending radius as compared to metal clad cables.
- Prysmian’s patented Polymeric AIRBAG™ armor eliminates the concern of kinking or breaking of corrugated aluminum armor during installation or subsequent bending in service that is often associated with Type MC-HL cables.
- Reduced installation costs due to increased flexibility, ease of pulling, and faster and safer cable preparation.
- Less costly cable glands with significantly reduced installation time.
- ASTM B3 & ASTM B8 – UL 44 (XHHW-2)
- ICEA S-95-658 (NEMA WC 70) – IEEE 1202 (Flame Retardant)
- ICEA S-73-532 (NEMA WC57) – UL 1277 (TC-ER)
- ICEA S-82-552 (NEMA WC55) – UL 2225 (TC-ER-HL)
- AIRBAG™ layer provides superior protection from the ingress of harmful fluids, hydrocarbon and chemicals
- Rated for installation in cable tray, for exposed runs (Type TC-ER), conduit, duct, direct burial, and aerial applications in Class I Division 2, Zone 2, and unclassified locations
- Permitted for use in Class I Division 1 and Zone 1 hazardous locations (Type TC-ER-HL) in accordance with National Electrical Code (2014) Sections 501.10(A)(2)(3) & 505.15(B)(i)
- Rated for -40C/ -35C cold bend/ cold impact per CSA 22.2 No. 03
Border States Electric exclusive AIRGUARDTM distributor within our footprint
As an electrical wholesale distributor, Border States is committed to providing high-quality products from reliable manufacturers. We care about your safety, and we care about your business. The potential for labor savings and safety with Prysmian’s AIRGUARD™ cable made it an easy decision to enter into a partnership with Prysmian and become the exclusive distributor within our geographic footprint for AIRGUARD™ cable.
See our other AIRGUARD™ posts
Border States offers a suite of services and solutions, including but not limited too: wire and cable cut-to-length and paralleling, specialized wire and cable reels, wire and cable scrap services, wire and cable pulling heads, and cable management programs. Learn more about our custom wire services here.
Call and let us help meet all of your product and solution needs (866-483-7289).